Anxiety and depression are among the most common mental health issues that people face, affecting over 20% of the population. While these issues are incredibly common, people who struggle in these areas often feel very alone, even if they’re surrounded by caring friends and family. Fortunately, there are treatments that can help alleviate the symptoms of anxiety and depression that are grounded in research and effective for the majority of people.
Here are some of the common symptoms of anxiety:
- Feeling nervous, restless, or tense
- Having a sense of impending danger, panic, or doom
- Feeling weak or tired
- Having difficulty controlling worry
- Having the urge to avoid things that trigger anxiety
And some common symptoms of depression:
- Persistent sad, anxious, or “empty” mood
- Feelings of hopelessness, or pessimism
- Feelings of guilt, worthlessness, or helplessness
- Loss of interest or pleasure in hobbies and activities
If you’re experiencing any of these symptoms please know that you are not alone and we are here to help.
We use a combination of science-based models to help alleviate the symptoms of depression and anxiety, including Acceptance & Commitment Therapy, Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy, EMDR, AEDP, and mindfulness-based techniques. When appropriate, we also help clients connect to other providers for medication management. Our goal is to tailor a treatment plan the fits the unique needs of each client.